I truly believe the heart of Italy can be found in the artisans who work there. One of these artisans happens to be a very talented designer and seamstress, and dear friend of mine for over 10 years, Carlotta Macchini. She runs her own clothing company (and recently launched in designing custom wedding dresses at all that are S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G) through her brand, Atelier Bianca
Besides the fact she is my friend, this woman is seriously SO talented. I am not kidding when I say I have countless pieces from her line, everything from shorts, to shirts to jackets. I LOVE her design ethic, her cuts and the fact that she totally understands women’s bodies.
Let’s get to know her!
First, tell us about yourself!
- I am Carlotta, a true Florentine, a sensitive heart, Sagittarius, previous maven of business economy studies, and a strenuous supporter of the power of love in the world.
How did BianCa get started?
- I started Bianca cause I wanted to give myself the chance to be happy. Do you recall the quote “choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life”? Well that’s what came clear in my mind and this is still the goal I’m trying to reach every single day of my life. Also, I had this priceless opportunity thanks to my parents that have never stopped pushing me, supporting me and believing in my own capabilities and talent.
What inspires you?
- Women inspire me. I love women, they hold the entire world on their shoulders and I get pleasure looking at a self-confident, happy and free woman. She shines like a star in her own right. That’s why I love spending time in my atelier listening to my clients, to their feelings, their emotions and their insecurities. I want every woman that wear one of my creation to feel nothing but beautiful. My country, indeed, is a constant inspiration, I have the privilege of living in one of the most beautiful corners of planet earth. I see beauty all around me and I could not be grateful enough.
What is your favorite thing about living in Florence?
- Florence is kind of an enchanted secret garden. You need to know the secret path in order to discover its real nature and its hidden treasures. I love that I still know most of the people living in my neighborhood; I adore the innate sarcastic way of over-criticize every single thing of Florentine people, a I couldn’t live without the messy and crowded streets of the city center ( that I always reach with my bike when I need to restore my soul).
What do you hope BianCa will embody for the women who wear your clothes?
- I hope Bianca will embody the freedom of choice for women that want to move away from the impositions coming from social media driven culture and the fashion industry dictate. Also I believe in the huge value of knowledge, care and honesty of work and I support the social power of itself.
You can follow Carlotta on instagram @atelier_bianca_____ or check out her website here